Thursday 2 August 2007

Pentaport Rock Festival 2007









Ive REALLY not bothered with this blog now properly in a while but Ive been really preoccupied with other stuff so I apologise. Anyway, Pentaport ROCKED. Last weekend was definately one of the best weekends Ive had in South Korea since Ive been here and its taken me a good few days to recover from the lack of sleep and energy I used while I was there.

I travelled down to Incheon on Friday night telling myself that I wouldnt be there to catch The Chemical Brothers so that if by any chance at all I DID get there in time Id be even more excited about being there. And I was ! In time and excited ! They were amazing. Ive never seen them live before but it was really everything I thought and more and the visuals were amazing too. It was prety jaw dropping stuff :)

I finally caught up with my merry friends there who had already made friends with half the campsite. There was lots of drinking, a man made beach with hammocks and chill out areas, candles, huge beach fire, big screens, dj boxes/booths blasting out funky house, a huge camp ground, a huge dance tent, western eateries, funky little bars and cocktail stalls...ahhh it was so cool to just be there after working all week with my little monsters.I felt like I was on holiday it was so nice. I got bitten to shreds by mossies while camping but it was all worth the scars Ill probably have for life... they look more like baby bites (theyre huge)!

I really felt like it was a mini holiday for me. I havent let my hair down for a long time so it was sooo refreshing and so nice to hang out with nice people and have nice conversations with certain people I met. I really made some great friends this weekend that Ive got to hook up with again. I felt like I was back home during some conversations.

I've missed you girls more than I ever dreamed and I knew it'd be a lot.Just a few girlie conversations brightened me up... goodness knows what Im gonna be like when I see you all again... arrrgghhh I cant wait girls!!! :) Not long now !

I didnt get back to Cheonan till Monday morning right before work so I was pretty exhausted and felt like I was floating on air all day. Adrenaline still pumping around my system from Muse... yes Muse. They were aaaamazing too! Me and my mate Mipa got chatted up by some buff, farmer, welder boy who got us sorted out with very temporary back stage passes. Pretty cool to walk around but I wasnt that impressed. Truthfully I was bored and was constantly thinking about where my mates were(not which tent the Testament were sleeping in or which tent muse were hanging out in even) and if I could find them after the tour. Stuff doesnt impress me like that I guess.

So after two days and nights of rocking out with some seriously lovely people that I met there (Mipa coming down on Saturday morning to join us) I got on the bus to Incheon and found a jimjilbang to sleep in for the night. I didnt actually sleep. A pile of farting, korean women plonked on the floor with bright lights.... hmmmm not very restful by any means. At least I tried and I knew there was always the bus home lol

It was more uncomfortable than the tent I slept in for the two nights previous but I didnt care. The weekend made up for it 100 times over. It was all well worth it. Oh to be back! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya, from the pictures i saw, sounds Rocking that Festival, I'm in S. Korea at the moment and planning to attend this Pentaport Festival for 2008, but bored to the bone to go alone, well, is there any chance that I could go with you if you're still in S. Korea ;)