Thursday 2 August 2007

Such Love

So... Ive got good things ahead waiting for me and things at home too..you girlies tell me that Hayleys big Day is coming up in December... I cant wait but we'd better get the tissues at the ready. This girl will weep. Hayley deserves a good man. I hope he is that :)

We're gonna have to go shopping when I get back straight away for our outfits lol. Anna you can plan that (if you havent already lol ;))

Me and mum are gonna go away for a week too when I get back. Ive worked really hard here this year and it'll be nice to go away to a place of seclusion for seven nights and rest and think about my time in Korea. I guess its gonna be hard to settle back in at home and strange to re-adjust after living here on my own for 12 months in a beautiful 2 bedroomed apt with a killer view and all the space I want in the world. Get in haaahaaa. Really though... Ive been thinking alot about my time here even though its not up yet due to the main reason that after my holiday in two weeks, I know my time heres gonna fly.

Im trying to prepare my heart and its strange but I know deep down that God's in complete control. I know he has amazing plans for me and I know that he brought me here, he prepared this place for me, the people, the places and I trust he has plans for me back at home or wherever else he desires me to go next. I just need to keep praying and keep my eyed fixed on Him.

I have never in my whole life experienced Gods Love for me like I have here. He has shown me so much Love in the past 9 months that I dont even know where to begin.

I really believe that I needed to come here for me to experience it. I came away alone, vulnerable and in Gods total care and under his total mercy and he has provided me with such richness I dont know where to start. I just know that he Loves me and he wants me to listen to him, to succumb to his voice, to his calling for me personally.

Ive had trials in recent months but reading Peter last week made me remember that these trials reveal how genuine our faith is. My hands shake as I write these words because God has spoken to me like never before through his word in my life this year. I dont know where to begin.

Ephesians and Phillipians have been two of the books that have been most prominent for me during my stay here. Before I came Ephesians 3v 14-20 was given to me repeatedly . Repeat, repeatedly.

Eveywhere I went in the space of a few weeks and months, the pastors/ preachers/ ministers/ evangelists voice boomed out (or I simply got an email/ letter) with the scripture from Paul,

When I think about all of this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he wil empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all Gods people should, how wide, how long, how high and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, although it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with al the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
Now all glory to God , who is able, through his mighty power at work within us , to accomplish infinately more than we might ask or think.



Never have I experienced the Love of God like this. This child of God, this daughter of Christ never really experienced Gods Love for herself until she came here.

The thing is after I came back from moving away from him for so long I never let him close enough, never as close as he wanted me to let him. I guess I was scared of the rejection of not being good enough, pure enough, unsinful enough.

If only I had listened to his voice earlier on.

If only I had listened to him when he softly whispered, Come, Come as you are.

So I pray earnestly for continued spiritual growth as I did before I started this adventure.I dont want to become one of these stagnant, dried up Christians with no fire in them. I knew God would minister to me here greatly. I had high expectations as he asked me to have lol As Ive mentioned previously in my blog, I was told God would take me under his wing while I was here and he has done so in such a beautiful, gentle way.

If you're putting off moving back into Gods presence because you're worried you're too unclean and dirty I urge you to just put those thoughts behind you and come back into His presence. He was waiting for me for too long. He's waiting for you too.

One thing Ive learnt is that theres nothing you can do to stop him Loving you. Not a thing in the world.

When I read Pauls words in Phillipians 4 v 6&7 about Gods peace when I first came back to seeking God's face I didnt understand how it could be true. In previous years I was so filled with fear that I didnt understand how it could be real to have this peace that goes beyond anything we can understand, that can actually guard our hearts and minds. It baffled me.I felt too tormented to ever believe that this was real and that it could have been present and genuine in my life. The truth is though that it is real . I desired what Paul talked about and surely enough God gave me his peace.

In stepping out and seeking his face he has given me his utter peace. I never want to feel the fear that consumed me in my past again and I truly believe I wont. Ever Again.

No comments: