Tuesday 17 July 2007

Seoul Grand Park Zoo






So It was a National Holiday yesterday in Korea and me and my mate Byron decided to go Seoul Grand park to see experience a real Korean Zoo :)

It was great to act like a big kid all day instead of being the sensible teacher.

The Zoo was pretty impressive and the weather turned out to be really nice. There were plenty of things to see... Lions, Monkeys (which were a little vicious and scared me a bit..not like the randy ones me an Jai saw in Chester Zoo before I left!), Zebras, Gorillas, Pumas, Leopards, Exotic Birds, the list goes on.

The Monkeys are always my favourite things to see coz I find them so comical to watch. The monkey Ive added a picture of was making a right racket and looked like a grizzly old man setting the world to rights.I could have stayed there all day watching him. One Gorilla was pretty angry and was throwing things at the glass window to scare people away. He was ONE BIG gorilla thats for sure and Im very glad of the glass patition :( Check out those legs on him.

We also went to watch a dolphin show which was awesome, Ive never seen dolphins so close up before! We then skipped onto the cable car to finish off our day which was pretty high up giving us a good view of the place and over the lions den..eeerrr.

Circled with beautiful Mountains and trees it was a really nice place to go on a day off. A subway back in the humidity (or two.. im the worst with directions lol) we stopped off in Songtan for a well deserved thai after all our walking.

Talking of walking Im craving another mad hike again...I think it may be on the cards.

No comments: