Sunday 9 September 2007

Im so close to ending this blog right now coz Ive been so busy and updating it is becoming a chore lol. I cant possibly write about everything I do on here coz I just dont have the time and facebook seems to be so much easier for connecting with peeps. I m having issues with being sucked into the world of facebook and web sites such as bebo and my space. I've a strong theory about this time we're living in and Ive been so tempted to just cut off my accounts lol ! Ive got so many issues with facebook but I know if I cut myself off from it Ill also cut off alot of contacts off that I wanna stay in touch with. I know theres always email but facebook seems to be so much easier. I have a list growing in my head of the positives and the negatives of being on there ! Arrrggghh.. Ill keep you posted on it. This blog will definately stop in a few weeks coz Ill be home wit you all and we can TALK !!!!!!!!!

The weeks seem to be flying by... Its as though Im savouring every moment in my hagwon, every sunset I see, every time I bump into that lovely little old lady downstairs (who had her hair done last week and had her pearls on), everytime one of my kids comes over and throws their arms around me.

I sometimes feel like I should be distancing myself now from peeps but I seem to be revelling even more in the love my kiddies give me, relishing in the hugs Sujan and Wendy pour out. When I have a blue day its like the kids just know and like they just automatically know to love me more on those days.I never let them know Im feeling blue (if I am ) but its like they just know :) A few weeks ago (I dont know if Ive already posted this but..) I had a really bad week after something happened and I was feeling so down. I went and sat on the toilet (seat down.. sounds dirty but its my escape place sometimes when theres no where else to escape to in my busy hagwon) and prayed that God would remind me how much he Loved me. I instantly felt as though God just said, Scott, Ok Scott'll show you today. Just you wait. I felt as though the voice in y head was that clear that I was actualy saying the words myself and felt stupid. An hour or so later though Scott waddels in in his cute little shoes and hands me this beautiful hand crafted mirror, his face lighting up when he saw the expression on my face. It seems he never stops using these kids to remind me how much he adores me. It was a really memorable moment for me. Ill never forget it.

On Thursday Wendy sat and picked her nose for 45 minutes, Scott kept going out of the room for water every 5 mintues (coz he gets bored of the girlie singing & dancing being the only boy in the group) and Sujan sat with a face on because her best friend Melanie was sick and she was scared of getting told off by her Dad for being lost that afternoon but as I looked out into my little classroom I couldnt help but giggle to myself and wonder how Im ever gonna say bye to these little darlings. Ive seen most of them (Sujan and Wendy for definate) five days a week every week for almost a whole year. I feel like their main caregiver sometimes and I Love them.

Mrs Nam is unfortunately in hospital and Ive been worried alot this week. She had a car accident last week and since then shes not been back into work.Please pray for her. She had a CAT scan done and I everyones a little worried about her. Its not the same with her not there pottering around. I dont like it !

Anyway, moving on before the tears start again haha. Ive had a good week Ive hung out with mates alot, done alot of exercise, went to my belly dancing lesson on Wednesday which was great. I really feel like Ive found something Im good at and am gonna try carry on with it when I get home. My mate Cherry came round on Monday so I could help her with her university studies which will be an ongoing thing till I leave now . Althoug its a favour Im ding for her and her Mum Its actually really great for me too coz Im reminded how much I really learnt when I did my degree and things are coming to the surface that I forgot I knew! I really enjoy teaching one-to-ones. Willian my other student cancelled all his privates with me last week coz he was on business again so despite the dissapointment of not getting extra in my pay packet I had two nights free last week so I hit the gym :)

So, I went running last week, did three sessions of Yoga, had a good power walk with Monica, did an hour and a half of belly dancing and a small workout at the dance academy but still it doesnt feel like Im doing enough. Im craving more.. its driving me mad. Saturday I had to take a trip down to Yongsan for a hard drive.. my computers finally not switching its poor self off now due to info overload lol. I cant believe how many pictures Ive got after this year. Ive gotta stop. Seriously lol!

The next few weeks will fly by too. Ive got Chuseok coming up in a fortnight and plan to go on a last girlie hiking trip for a couple of days with Bolen, Carabeara and Monica. Im looking forward to having as much exercise as I want and having a whole 5 days off work yay ! Two weeks after that my Korean Family are taking me away with them (I guess if all well with Mrs Nam) to a resort for the weekend with Sujan and Wendy of course. They've even said I can bring Cara so I think It'll be a really nice, fun (but rather teary)last weekend together before I say farewell.

Ive got a lot to do this week. Running and a belly dancing session tommorrow morning, a one to one with Cherry in the evening, coffee with my pregnant mate Kyungran on Tuesday then a one to one with William in the evening, Wednesday I have my compassionte ministries meeting and then a yoga and cardio session, Thursday jog and William till 9.30, Friday ..hopefully a morning in bed so I can have a lie in ! This is an average week here for a Cheonanite I guess.Its busy, busy, busy and I feel terrible that I havent been to the orphanage for weeks so next week its gonna have to be priority..or maybe I could go this Friday morning...

Im currently putting up all my things for sale that Ive spent a fortune on in my apt. My sofa, queenie, bookshelves, chests of drawers.. stuff like that. Its all rather surreal. In a way it felt like yesterday that I was viewing thing to buy!

Had Monica over for the weekend which has been nice, red wine, a good laugh. I went out for a lovely italian with the girls today from my church, Sarah (my pastors wife ) and her cute daughter Emma. We sat out in the heat of the sun for quite a while on the patio and then me and some mates went on to Independance Hall. Im not big on museums and get bored after ten minutes but I loved the grounds! The torture chamber info in there was really interesting but so graphic I lasted about two minutes and was out with a definate tear in my eye. These Koreans had it tough thats all I can say.

So, Im busy and have a lot going on as per yooge as we say in Manchester :) Got a lot to think and pray about over the next few weeks but for now Im not making any strenuous decisions about what next. Im just gonna go home, chill out and think and prayabout my options when Im ready. I have a few ideas and all these desires to do certain things right now but one thing Ive learnt here is that its not about what I want for my life ... its about what God wants.

So please pray for me that Ill hear his voice clearly in all this madness...in all these ideas and options that are laden before me. Because I know there are soooo many.

No comments: