Friday 21 September 2007

So I got the day off today. Ruby wanted to take some extra rest so Chuseok began for me last night ! I headed down town to meet Jolie and Kara for dinner and coffee (and shopping :( lol )I heard that Chuseok was bigger than Christmas but Im not so sure... I do know though that Ive got another five days left of no work so Im happy with that!

Me Jackie and Cara are heading down to Jeongju early tomorrow to get our last hiking trip in together. With all the working out and dance classes Ive had this week Im pretty tired but know that as soon as I start hiking up that mountain tomorrow the adrenaline'll kick in and Ill be dandy. Jackies planning on hiking for five days but I've got so many goodbyes to do over the next few weeks that I might head on back on Tuesday or Wednesday and hang out with people back here in Cheonan. I think the plan is - Jeongju-Moaksan P.Prk-Maisan P.Prk- Deogyusan N.Prk (plan is we'll stay in a hyangjeokbong on top of the mountain )- Daedunsan P.Prk.

(I definately wont be sleeping on a pagoda in the terrential rain wrapped in a throw this time)

The clock is tick tocking away and every day it seems Im reminded that its almost time to say goodbye :) Im really happy though, in fact Im ecstatically happy and nervous and tons of other emotions I wont bore you all with! Sunny and Ruby ushered me over to the hagwon p.c in work on Wednesday afternoon with a slight sense of excitement and urgency... I think they've got something up their sleeves. They were asking me to pick out a hanbok (a traditional Korean dress) from a multitude of them online. (To be blatant I think they look ridiculous on Western women. They look lovely on Korean women with their delicate little frames but on Western women.. even smaller ones, I think they can scream out 'wannabe korean' I hate it lol) Ill keep you posted with what they're planning though!

I told some of my kids this week that its nearly time for saengsengnim choann to go back home and some of my li'll babies have been upset, others (my junior boys) have been like... yay teacher.. party, we party! (little trolls) lol

It hit me on Tuesday of this week after I had a rather miserable morning of being preached at by the church of God for about an hour and a half (yes.. really, not fun I tell thee) that I really am going home. Terry and Ruby showed me a picture of the new girl who theyve chosen to take my place. Take my placelol its sounds so awful ! Im really glad they've found someone though even thoug I know deep down shes not really 'taking my place' like that. Shes going to be moving in with me for about three days before I leave and Im happy that Ill be able to shown her round, help her out with stuff she needs and introduce her to all my mates. Im excited for her coz I didnt have any real English speaking mates for a while really! I hope shes nice.. eeerrrr ...just hope she likes people/ is sociable coz theres probably gonna be a few parties at mine before I leave hehe.

So my last hiking trip with the gals is gonna be great but sad too :) Im looking forward to getting out into the open and getting up those mountains! It could well be my very last chance.

No comments: