Wednesday 6 June 2007

I met up with a korean friend of mine today who I met in a Jimjilbang a few months ago. She phoned me this week really eager to meet for dinner and Ive only met her once so to be honest I arranged to meet her but didnt really know which friend I was actually going to meet! I seem to meet that many different people here its hard to keep track sometimes and this has happened more than once... eekkk. Anyway, we met at noon and she took me to her husbands restaurant. It was so nice and shes a really lovely lady. I think shes pretty lonely as shes moved around a lot in the past few years with her family and a lot of her friends are in Seoul. She misses her mates and I miss mine and it makes me feel blessed again to have people around me like I have. God has been amazing to me and is constantly showing me how much he loves me by putting people in my path particularly when I need or want some extra company or comfort!

We had a good chat for two hours over the best most delicious beef kalbi Ive had here in Korea! Shes just found out she is pregnant and is SO HAPPY as it'll be her fifth baby..shes seriously GLOWING. (It makes me get excited about pregnancy coz sometimes I only hear the negatives working in a hospital and all!) She is a lovely lady and it was really interesting to get the chance to speak to her a bit more today. Im gonna be spending a lot more time with her I hope. You know how sometimes it can be a little awkward with foreigners due to language barriers etc? Well I dont feel any of that all all. Shes very like me- very talkative !

Well. I feel like Ive made another good friend here now plus I managed to share a bit of my testimony with her today which was fab and shes really interested in coming to my church next week with her kiddies so Im really happy about that. She opening a new dance workshop just by my apt and we passed her studio today which is lovely. She'll be teaching Jazz, Ballet, Tap and Traditional Korean Dance and Im looking forward to something new I can get my teeth stuck into rather than the weights, constant running on the treadmill and being pestered by certain desperate korean boys/men who just want their egos boosting. No ta.Ive had enough. I dont go to the gym to look gorgeous, sweat free and sultry. I go to work out, to get sweaty, to burn off those calories not to pull thanks very much. Stay Away from the English Girl. Seriously.LOL.

Anyway...did a bit of shopping later on today and met up with Jen, Tina and Martie for coffee and some girlie chat, treatment at Lee Chard, and then later relaxed in the jimjilbang. Always feel like a new woman after a good hour there. Ready for a long day in the hagwon tomorrow, yoga, an easyish one on Friday, a Pirate Party for Rhys' Birthday in Seoul on Saturday night (wooohooo!) and then kids club at church on Sunday. Better get some sleep yo.

No comments: