Tuesday 19 June 2007



So my weekend and day off wasnt as expected but full of blessings and totally relaxing! Friday morning I headed to Cheonan-Asan Station and thought Id bought a ticket to Daechon. Bikini, Suncream, Bible ...all ready to go. I waited at the platform and the second that it pulled up I realised the train was on its way to Daejon not Daechon.Make it or break it time i decided to just get on the train anyway and see what fun I could make In Daejon instead. Lol. Daejon for me is seriously too big and confusing. Too many tunnels and roads and department stores.. yawn. Anway I did a bit of shopping and got some dinner and had a walk around in the sunshine :) I then ventured back to Cheonan and chilled out in my local jimjilbang for a few hours and slept and chilled out with the poking ajumas again. I actually fell asleep after Id been in the sauna on these mats that are lay on heated marble o the floor. They are lay under some kind of lamps to relax the body and the mats have little teats on them. I feel asleep for about an hour on my front so when I got up my whole body was covered with little red indented cirles. The ladies thought it was hilarious. Im glad I gave them a good giggle. Ive made some good friends in there! Seriously, theres something so beautiful and natural about being in a setting where women are washing and scrubbing eachother.My local is such a great place. Oh! Ill be gutted when I get back to the UK without my jimjilbang time! I cant imagine not being able to chill out and without getting poked at by korean women and children anymore! Thinking of strangers prodding about, I was on the bus the other day and this ajuma sat behind me starts playing with my hair. I turned around to smile and see exactly which ajuma was fiddling around with my locks but when I did she let go of my hair and rapidly spun around and pretended she'd not even touched it. I couldnt help but laugh.I nearly wet myself. She couldnt have been anymore heavy handed or obvious. The proding, stroking, poking, touching...it goes on but never anything threatening which is GOOD!

Anyway the rest of my weekend was pretty cool and relaxed. Saturday I hung out with Byron and Avie on the new Coffee Bean Decking in town in the sunshine. We must have been there for about five hours just gassing and catching up. It was nice to just have a relaxing weekend after another mad, busy week. I seem to be getting busier out here recently. If its not a meeting or a social or work or the gym I always seem to be on the go which is good for me but knackering sometimes. Today was another long day. I started at 11.30am and got in at 9.45. Pretty tired and refusing to open my bottle of wine coz I know I wont get up in the morning for my meeting. Itll knock me out Im that tired.

Having good nights sleep the past few nights after a few bad nights of being unable to sleep properly.I hate it how when us humans have stuff on our mind that eats away at us we're unable to just switch off for the night! Its so hot here now that Im wondering how long my nice nights dreams'll last. Luckily my mint fan is silent so I can sleep with it on but these mossies HAVE to go. They love me and Im getting covered with the things. The one on my thigh looks like a cow/human bite. Think my coworkers are wondering how Im spending my weeknights! lol

No comments: