Thursday 17 May 2007

Dankook University Festival (and a slight moan)

So after one of my longest days in the hagwon yesterday William, (Rubys cousin who I've started to teach )took me over to the annual Dankook University Festival to meet his friends. They were all really friendly and pretty wasted by the time we got there but considering some Koreans are pretty shy to talk to when they're sober I dont think it was a bad thing that they were all merry when we arrived :)

The University seems really nice and there was a huge stage with singers that had been performing all night and several different stands belonging to the different departments of the Uni. Lots of drinking and eating :) It was nice to meet his friends and the mood and atmosphere was really friendly. Although I was tired I was glad we went! It started to rain at about 11.30 so we decided to head home. Wiliam phoned for a guy to come and pick us up in his car and drive it home. I think its such a wicked idea and I reckon we should do this in England. It'd save alot of accidents that occur in the UK for sure...

So...Ive got to be in today at 1.30 which Im not happy about :( I dont start teaching until 3.30 so I get in and have to sit around for two hours. Then, to put the icing on the cake I only have two lessons from 6.30-8.30. So another two hours of waiting about until I teach again. So again it's gonna be an extremely boring Friday in the hagwon. Yawn. I dont know why I cant just go in at 3.30 at least but all I get back is...'Oh well, its just the Korean way'. To make matters worse, Terry is tecahing my 3.30 class today as I did an extra for her in the week. So Ill be sat around on my arse for five hours today before I start teaching...great fun.

Damn it. It makes me mad but then Ive gotta keep thinking about how good I have it there too. Just agrivates me. I hate being sat down for too long doing nothing. It destroys me !

No comments: