Tuesday 15 May 2007

Be Still and Know ...

Something just hit me tonight which I have to share and which is AMAZING :)The past few weeks/months Ive had this recurring dream. I've just recently decided I want to do my nurse training when I get back to Manchester as I believe God has spoken to me at length about it since Ive got here and has laid it heavily on my heart.

My dream is like this..very basic, very clear cut. I am in a clinic in the middle of no where.I think I am in a foreign land but Im unsure. The rooms are white washed and it is very minimalistic and clinical inside. There are a few stainless steel trolleys loaded but there are no patients. The place is ready for patients but there arent any there.I feel as though people are stood with me but I cant see them as they are behind me. I go out of the clinic after looking for patients but there is only a pool of still water in front of me. Still no patients. I am sad because I want the patients to be there so I can nurse them and show the people behind me how to give care to the patients but there are none. I really felt tonight very randomly that God was saying to me that I need to just be still in Gods presence for the moment here in Korea. I feel like God is telling me that he will prepare me but for now I believe that he is telling me I must stay here, in his presence until the work he's doing in my heart is completed. Ive written about it before but before I came to Korea a few people told me that they believed I would come here and be placed in a spiritual hospital. I believed that this clinic in my dream was this spiritual hospital God has placed me in for this year. Psalm 46:10 came to me immediately tonight.Be Still and Know That I am Your God. I just praise God with my whole heart.

I have a diary excerpt that I wrote a few months ago which I sent to my Mum to read. It was about the slight frustration of being in a place which seems so okay compared to a lot of places back home like the run down council estates in Salford, the run down areas of Moss side and so on. I remember feeling a part of my heart being really quite anxious to get home and really do some work in these areas coz Korea just seemed so problem free socially to me at the time. Thinking about it now I dont think Korea is problem free socially at all. I just really believe God has chosen to place me in Korea away from everything right now to do what he has to do with my heart. I know that God could work his healing magic no matter where I am in the world but I do think Ive come to Korea for a specific reason. Maybe one of the reasons for being brought into this wonderful calm place is that it has been to make me think about all the outreach work I could actually do back in Manchester when I return. My heart seems to be longing to do something for the place where I came, not only for other foreign places. Theres a lot of work that needs to be done in Manchester. Maybe God'll use me there one day.

I feel like Im gonna be a constant work in progress until the day I die but knowing that Ive got God who can mould and shape me now into what he wants me to be is the best, most peaceful feeling in the world. I have a lot of faith. God is Amazing and Im just praying for more of him and more of his amazing spirit.

No comments: