Sunday 20 May 2007

Feeling HOT HOT HOT









So Me, Tina, Martie, Cor and Gyung Jun, decided it was time for a beach break down to Daechon this weekend for a well deserved chill out weekend. We got the train and in what seemed no time at all we were sat in a little fish restaurant eating fish soup and drinking soju :) Awwww to be back...!

The beach down there is so lovely and we found a nice spot right at the end of the stretch and sun bathed, played football and drunk our beers feeling very relaxed and happy soaking up the sunshine. We were all sat in our bikinis whilst the koreans walked past fully dressed, some in suits, some with umbrellas to protect their faces (and bald heads ) and some with huge, black visors. They must have thought we were mad sat practically naked. When we went exploring over to some rocks one ajuma started shouting, 'Ohh look at all these Americans that keep coming here with no clothes on again'...arrrgghh you'd think theyd be used to it then by now! Just wait until summer really starts.. Anyway after chlling out all day we went back to our little hotel room for showers and then went back out onto the beach and sat on the porch of a little restaurant to catch the sunset. I could have stayed there all week.It was beautiful.

It was so nice to get out of Cheonan for a while and just be by the sea.The beach looked so pretty at night illuminated by blue lights and fireworks and crackers.It was quite a romantic setting really! It was really relaxing and after our meal we all went back to the hotel room and got a pretty early night coz we were all that relaxed! Bliss...

On Sunday I woke up at 8.30 am and walked down to the beach for some quiet time. It was so quiet and peaceful and the beach looked even prettier than the day before.It was a really hot day. I honestly didnt realise how hot it was in and out of the sea all the time, sunbathing without any protection.I cant belive how stupid I was. It wasnt until we got off the beach that we all realised how burnt we all were. Im seriously burnt to a crisp and have woken up this morning not being able to move :) hhaaaaa. Im definately gonna start wearing spf everyday from now on. I look like a lobster and darent even think about the damage Ive done to my skin.No matter what I do I cant seem to cool my skin down! Im sure the kids will have something to say when I go in today...

Despite the sunburn, slight sun stoke :)( haahaaa serves me right ) and not being able to move properly without looking like Ive pooped my pants I had a wicked, chilled out weekend and will definately be going back very soon :)

No comments: