Sunday 22 April 2007

Beautiful Day

So Ive been really baaaad with this blog recently coz Ive been so busy so will try to update y'all a little. On Saturday Morning Mrs Nam picked me and my Mum up and drove us down to Wyam Folk Village with Sujan and Wendy. The weather was beautiful and the Folk Village looked stunning with the cherry blossoms and other pretty flowers out soaking up the sunshine. The village was full of colour and beautiful smells and we spent a good few hours showing my Mum around. We had some dinner..Mums really tried bless her (!) and then Mrs Nam drove us to the Onyang Folk Museum coz there was some kind of female expedition on. There were alot of really old jewellery pieces on display and old ladies clothes and things- pretty boring but mum liked it. I hate museums but this one wasnt really too bad :) After soaking up some more sunshine and running around after the girls we then drove to the Hyeonchungsa shrine which was probably the highlight of the past few days Ive had with Mum being here. The grounds were really pretty and it was nice to just walk around the lake with the girls and Mrs Nam and enjoy the setting in the heat of the day. We sure ran off some calories running around with the girls. Didnt realise how much fun you could have pretending to be David Beckham and Ji Sung Park kicking a can around :) Seriously in Love with Sujan and Wendy. They make my day :)

After a long day at work today I rushed home and took Mum to meet my mate KyungRan for supper at ShabuShabu. Ive realised since Mum got here how much Ive really made attatchments to certain people and things over here. You only have to look at my photos of the girls to understand why Ive fallen in LOve with them.They're like my adopted sisters :) Then theres the lovely Mrs Nam whos taken me on as her own...thats just for starters. The people, the place, my hagwon, my church, the lady downstairs, my apartment, (even my plants ;)) Talking to my Mum the past few days has had me thinking alot about what Im missing at home though. In the past few years of me trekking about Ive missed 4 of my good friends weddings and I miss another one this weekend and another in a few months. Ive missed funerals of loved ones and Ive missed my friends babies births-probably the hardest. When I think about how much Im in Love with Korea and everything Ive been blessed with here Im also thinking how much Ive actually missed already with mates and weddings and babies and happy times (sad too) and I dont think I wanna miss anymore :(


When Ive travelled before I came to Korea Ive always been kind of running away from things back in Manchester. This time with Korea though its so much more different. Leaving Manchester in November I knew that the things I had back at home were really amazing. The people, the opportunity, everything. In a way although I was excited about coming to Korea and knew I wouldnt change my mind about teaching here I was kind of thinking to myself on the plane...what am I doing when I have so many good things back at home? I guess the past year Ive been so blessed by God. Not only have I got amazing things back at home that are calling me but Ive got amazing things Ive been blessed with here.Gonna enjoy the next six months Ive got left. Cant believe Im half way through my contract!











No comments: