Saturday 28 April 2007

More sweet Goodbyes






So Ruby gave me the morning and early afternoon off on Friday so I could spend some quality time with Mum before she left for the U.K today. We did some extremely brisk shopping in town and then waited an hour and 10 minutes for the bus to Gwandeoksan in the blazing heat. Was worth the wait though even though the day was a little rushed to be back for my afternoon lesson!

Ruby invited us around for a meal with the family to say Goodbye and Mum was rather impressed yet again with their total hospitality and kindness :) I introduced her to Rubys Grandmother who lives with them (she's adorable) and we all sat down to eat samgyapsal together. Was a perfect way to say Goodbye and Sujan sat hugging my Mum all the way back home in the car. Bless her little cotton socks.
Constanly reminded how lucky I am to have this family. Theyre amazing and mentioned how theyd love me to stay for another year :) Ive seriously never met a family as hospitable to me as this out of the U.K before. Theyre amazing and I feel so at home with them.

Me and Mum headed off in different directions this morning which was a bit weird. Felt a bit bad putting her in a taxi to the bus terminal alone as Id got mixed up with the dates for the Sanok Race with Church :( So...she was unable to run in it with us and she would have loved it !

Its been a really hot day but really fun. Ive never run in a race before, in fact Ive never run in heat like today before either. A lot of the guys from church who did the half marathons made it in amazing time ! Watching them come to the finish line minutes after we'd crossed it made me realise how unfit I am compared to the others ! Example..Jo- 1.03 mins (10km) Gordon- something like 1.30 mins (half marathon) ..eeerrrr..someone needs to get training :)Would definately do it again though :) Got a new challenge on my hands and theres nothing better than a challenge for this girl.

No comments: