Sunday 1 April 2007



Okay ! So I cant help but post pics of my students online ! I just want you all back at home to be able to see how adorable these children are! The photos dont even do justice to them though honestly :)

Friday Morning I was really pleased to find the little old lady who lives on my ground floor sat on one of the benches soaking up the sun. This old lady is really precious and has always looked out for me from day one telling Candy when she was here that she never had a daughter. She always asks me where Im going and always reaches out to me to give me a hug when she sees me with her gummy, dentureless smile. When I see her she's usually sat about near the garbage bins in her brown gilet, her rough, wrinky hands glasped together chewing on whatever she has in her cheeks, eyes running, handcerchief in hand. Theres a few characters in life we dont forget and this is one I wont forget in a hurry.

Friday Night was nice after work. I worked only two proper hours and sat around for most of the day playing with the kids, helping Sujan to improve her diary writing skills. Me and Cara decided to meet up in town for a few beers instead of the boring shop to Homever. Sounded like a good plan and starving from not eating all day I was looking forward to some good grub. First stop Don Marcos. Closing. Second Stop a little bar which served food and beer. Looked like a cool place so hungrily sat down and ordered a 'chicken' stirfry and a cold beer. What I got was what looked like a pigs ear stirfry and a cold beer. Was happy with the beer but the pig belly/pig ear stirfry was gross. Tucking in pretty quick with Kara we both spat it out as quick as it went in both realising that it wasnt actually chicken at all....mmm yummy.

We then hurried off to the new Coffee Bean in town for some cheesecake to make up for the pig fry and that was a bit yucky too but nice to get out after another day at work with not much english communication :)

No comments: