Tuesday 6 March 2007

Recovering

Well ! Have recovered a little from the mad weekend away in Namhaedo ! Me and Rhys headed for a cool Galbi place near mine after the quick and speedy KTX back to Cheonan and ate as much as we could stomach. Bumped into Suki in Seoul waiting for the same train and I giggled about what a coincidence is was. Had a power cut in my apartment last night so had an excuse to light some candles and have an early night with God. Felt really anxious actually as I get a bit scared when things like that happen when Im alone but I drifted off to sleep pretty quick after Id said my prayers :)

School was good today. Nice and busy and Im learning more korean phrases so it seems to be more fun ! :) Steven has given me a notebook which hes written in and printed off some korean things for me to learn like numbers and basic korean greetings and phrases so Im gonna really try to learn as much as I can from now on. Apparently my pronuciation is really good :) the problem is my memory so Im gonna have to just practice loads and as much as I can ! Im so excited ! Im not that bothered about even learning to read and write but Id LOVE to be able to have a decent basic conversation by the time I leave so thats my aim from today that Ive set myself ! Asssssaaa !!!!! (Thats means Yessssssss!!!!!! ) :)

Got some new kids to teach this week and theyre really cute! Am really enjoying the teaching at the moment apart from the lessons where I dont really have much material to work with as the kids get quite bored and so do I ! Steve has said that hes gonna help me out with finding some good grammar books though so looking forward to that :) Its so nice and rewarding to see the kids improving and the past few weeks Ive started to do diary lessons with a few of my classes and some of their work looks so GOOD ! It so nice to hear the teachers also say to me that they think my students are improving. Its so rewarding. Some kids in the beginning wouldnt even look at me never mind talk to me but now they're chatting away and using english whenever they can its so funny :) It makes me really glad :)

My power is finally back on and I dont have to get up tomorrow and go to a jimjilbang to have a shower ! Im glad I went this morning though coz I made a new chingu ! :) Seem to be making loads of mates out here and its so nice to have a wide variety of different people to go out with and have a laugh with. Im a lot more comfortable with the teachers at my hagwon and we have a new teacher who I got introduced to today. She seems really nice but a bit nervous and reminded me today of when I first started. It seems like yesterday but also a very long time ago now ! My teachers class went well again tonight and Ruby brought in family pictures to practise her 'introducing' skills. I was really proud of her ! Must go to bed. Still have sleep to catch up on and wanna go to Yoga tomorrow morning if I get out of bed :) Yeh Right.

No comments: