Sunday 4 March 2007

HeCtIc!


On Wednesday night after we finshed at school we went out for Galbi. We've got two new teachers and Christine and Louise are leaving. Christine is only leaving for a while as she is finding the news about Candy rather difficult and I think shes suffering from depression. I really feel for her.We went out for a huge meal and Mr and Mrs Nam and the kids joined us. Steve the new guy from work and Mr Nam ordered the evil Soju and we all ate talked for a good few hours. The meat was maybe one of the best Ive tasted and Mr Nam ordered extra for us as we were starving!

After, we ventured out into my area of Shin-Bang-Dong and went for a few Mekju's! Ruby and Carly soon left with the new teacher and left me Louise and Steve to finish off the Mekju. I was really annoyed at the end of the night as Steve walked me home insisted in his extremely drunken state that he wanted to come and see my apartment and then fell asleep straight away after jumping onto my bed. I was really annoyed and pretty angry coz he snored like a pig ALL NIGHT, was blowing his snotty nose all over and his phone was going off all night until the morning.

I didnt sleep a wink all night and was pretty cold too. Anyway I got up in the morning and after I got ready to go out (as I had plans that morning ) I woke him up and told him he had to leave. My manager had a chat to him about it and hes apologised saying that it wont happen again. In Korean Culture this is a really bad thing to do and It better not happen again! Yuk.

Anyway, Thursday was the National Holiday and me and Joella decided to go to Yongsan Electronic Market to buy new cameras. It was a long day trekking around all the different, competitive stalls but I managed to find a good deal and we met up with Rhys and a new guy Alex. Me and Joella enjoyed a good Bibimbap overlooking Yongsan square and we also decided to head to Myongdong after for a bit of shopping. I absolutely love that place! Its a really funky area and full of young people, food stalls, little trendy clothes and jewellry shops and it was really busy that evening in fact we got quite lost at one point trying to find the subway station on the way back.After being all 'shopped out' we got the express train back to Cheonan and I went straight to sleep when I got in hoping to be up and ready for School the next day.

On Friday morning I woke up at about 8.30am and texted Ruby and Terry to see what time I had to be in for the hagwons advertising. They didnt reply so I went back to sleep and got woken up by Steve at 9.30 who said that I was being picked up at 9.30.... wasnt impressed. Id got in from Yongsan the night before and had just climbed into bed not bothering washing my greasy mop. I had to get washed, dressed, brush my teeth, get on the make-up,sort out my barnet in about five minutes flat! Probably the quickest Ive ever got ready in my life.

We didnt start the 'advertising' for about another hour after I got to the school and I was constantly thinking how I could have been washing my hair in that time :) We finally drove around the corner in the pouring rain and handed out the Jungchul bumph that we'd prepared on the Wednesday after work together. When they were all handed out to the parents we headed back to the hagwon and sat down for dinner together.Mrs Nam had made one of my favourite spicy squid dishes with rice and we all ate until we had classes to prepare for. Feeling full and tired I wanted to sleep but the day went quite quick and is even more fun now as I have a few more books to work from so its not as stressful anymore just fun !

After work I hurried home to pack for my fishing trip with Adventure Korea and rushed to the train station to catch the train to Seoul. It was a long trip on the bus but the train was pretty quick and it was a relief to find the hostel we were staying at. We sat and ate our kimbap and korean microwave dinners in the cool hostel's living room and watched a film trying to soak up how relaxed me were with mutual understanding that it was gonna be a hectic day the next. After I ate I went off to my bed in the dorm and slept really well waking up at 6 am on Saturday ready for the trip...

No comments: